Pular para o conteúdo principal

Immigration Me!: Cheese-Bread-Man

Yes, i took my first holidays back in 2012.

After hangout in my birth city Barretos-Brazil, with lots of fun, family and friends I come back to New Zealand. Yeah, I still feeling like a flying dandelion (I could - and should - write a long post about my feeling and wishes about living this world). That means bye-bye home and I love all of you guys.

Media_http25mediatumb_lgydr

This time everythings happens like a normal day, depite my first aptempt to come to new zealand. So, backpack done, bus tickets in hads, time to go to Sao Paulo. Don't get me wrong but I still feeling like a countryside guy scaried by the big city. DA BIGGA CITTA!!!

But everything went well, I arrive in the bus station, then go straight to buy another bus ticket to Guarulhos Internation Airport. You can look for "Passaro Marrom" bus company and take that Red and Blue Airport bus. No problemas, in 30-40 minutes I was already in the airport. Waiting.

Waiting is the most boring thing I have had experienced. Walk here, wlak there, try to find some good place to rest and sleep, but I just found unconfy sits. Should I try the ecomenical room next time? Better no...

Media_httpwww2picture_rfixe

Guarulhos airport is not that beautiful like I think aiports from Buenos Aires and Auckland are. Don't think you can lay down in that dirty floor and take a nap. Well, you can actually, depends how much you are tired and giving shit to social convencion.

Meanwhile I ate a lot of "pão de queijo" - literal translation: cheese bread, a tipycal food from Minas Gerais state.

So, time to fly, this time by LAN Chile, wich was a lil confy than last time I flee by Aerolineas Argentinas - they give up the Auckland line, so final point is Sydney. Whatever. I cound watch a lot of Simpsons Episodes, got distracted but its doenst mean that i feel less unconfortable at "animal-econo travel class".

We landed than I saw again that beautiful entrance of Auckland International Airport. Then remembered fist time i arrived there. Ok, let's proceed, I need go to toalet. Yes my lil grasshopper, it's kind complicated use that airship toilet.

Media_httpstuckatthea_njbau

Well, i still need to pass through immigration desk, so, this time no much ask, my new entry stamp fixed in my passport. Next step is grab my backpack. But i still need go to toilet.

When I was waiting for my backpack in the carroussel, the first immigration officer came and started to ask questions and look my passport and take notes in some paper. What boring. 

As soon i got free from this first interrogation i flew to toilet. It was a shitt ;)

I just didnt realize that when i came almost running to toilet and sweting a bit, i attracted the officer atention. I could see under the toilet door, by reflection at tfloor that he entry at the toilet too, washed his hands and go out.

When i finished my dirt-shitt-job another immigration officer was waiting me and like the first one, ask things and took notes. Everytime the same, where im living, what i do to live, how long time, blah blah blah.

Then its time to proceed. First time i came to new zealand after i grab my baggage there was a dog waiting to sniff us, not not this time. Then i entry to the x-ray line, but the lady took my arrival card - the immigration officers always do some note there, like G+, A, etc, I dont remember well, who cares? - then this lady said me i should go to another way. 

More immigration officers desks. There was one couple with one officer and I was walking to their place but the officer said in rude mode that I should wait on the sign backwards. Ok, I dunno how it works, it's not my fault. Then i think I wait and wait more. When I looked back there was a lot of people from same flight of mine. Latin Americans... hmmm if we took the wrong idea, looks like if we are having some "special treatment"... anyway...

Then another officer came and call me. I give him my passport and he starts with a lot of questions. At beggining it was making me a lil pissed, but than our meeting pass from interrogation to friendly conversation.

- "Whre are you living?

Queenstown.

- "What do you do?"

Kitchen hand.

- "why there are visa labels in your passaport with stamp CANCELED?"

I think because when we got a new job they cancel the olders...

- "Did you got your work visa whyle in new zealand as tourist?"

Yes.

- "Hows your work?

It's a beuatiful place (I though its a shitt job)

- "Do you live by your own?"

Yes.

- "who is FULANO CICLANO LOPES?"

My flatmate.

- "His surname is same as yours don't?

Not the same.

- "But similar?"

Yes, similar. But not the same.

- "Why did you told you live by yourself?"

Becouse I don't depends my parents to live here in new zealand.

- "Do you have your back tickets?"

Yes. (My current work visa says i dont have to proove this...)

- "do you will back to Brazil?"

Maaaaybe.

- "first time you take holidays since do you started to live in new zeland?"

Yes.

- "what did you went to do back in brazil?"

My brother's wedding and visit family.

Media_httpwwwtuscanar_hacpy

- "WHo bought your tickets?

I did.

Media_httpnatelinhauo_lbkve

- "its pretty expensive for if we compare to your job... how did you paid for?

I used my credit card and pay per month. (Working 80 hours per week maybe my payslip is better than yours...)

- "Makes sense..." 

-"Do you want to live here in new zealand forever?"

Media_httpmakingsense_xkmbd

Then I smile and said

- Maybe, if its legal to stay here. He smilled too and looked happy with my words.

Then said,

- "All good, follow me" and put in first place in x-ray line. The lady ask me if I had food with me, i said no and go ahead.

...then the sniffer came and become so happy to found my backpack. The officer woman with the dog ask me if i was carrying food, i said no and as permission to open my backpack. She saw my running shoes, dirty and marked with red earth - I thought i was fucked because they are too strict in taking care their enviroment, nz enviroment - then i said:

- I know what is it.

Then took the cloth that my mom fold with that so delicious cheese bread. I said then:

- I ate some kind of bread

- "What bread?", she ask me

- We call in Brazil Cheese bread.

- "Ok, cheese-bread-man!" and smiled.

Media_http2bpblogspot_mdeac

Finally free!

To wait more until my domestic flight took me home.

 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Gamasutra's Postmorten: RiverMan Media's MadStone

Aqui vão os meus comentários sobre este postmortem. O jogo em questão, MadStone, foi desenvolvido para a plataforma WiiWare, vindo de um antigo sonho de publicar um jogo para Nintendo (dos fundadores da RiverMan). MadStone é um puzzle 2d, onde as peças vão caindo (assim como tetris) e que custa U$8.00 no WiiWare. Antes de publicar um jogo para WiiWare, a desenvolvedora havia já desenvolvido outros dois jogos casuais para PC, Cash Cow e Primate Panic. Tela do jogo MadStone Bom, vamos às dicas deixadas pelos desenvolvedores: O que funcionou: 1. Correr atrás da Nintendo: Entre contatar a Nintendo e se tornar um desenvolvedor autorizado, os desenvolvedores tiveram que correr um pouco atrás. A primeira lição é justamente essa, não é fácil correr atrás e muitas vezes temos que sair de nossa zona de conforto para conseguir as coisas. 2. Plataforma 2D: A decisão de desenvolver um jogo 2D foi tomada por algumas facilidades como ferramentas de arte mais simples, como o photoshop; Pouco código

Converter campo text para varchar – SQL Server 2000

Outro dia, conversando com um analista de sistemas no trabalho, este me perguntou, qual era melhor, usar o tipo text ou varchar no campo. Bom, baseado em minhas experiências, respondi que prefiro trabalhar com varchar. Mas antes, uma breve pesquisa no google nos mostrou que: text     Variable-length data with a maximum length of 2^31 - 1 characters varchar Variable-length data with a maximum of 8,000 characters fonte: Database Journal Depois de analisarmos o propósito a que o campo serviria, decidimos por um campo varchar(500). Se você, assim como eu, tentou utilizar uma alter table, alter column, deve ter visto um aviso do SQL Server de que isto não é possível de se fazer. Mas e agora? É isso mesmo que pensamos: temos que criar o novo campo e popular com o que havia no antigo campo. Exemplo: EXEC sp_rename 'tab_inf_nota.mensagem', 'mensagem_old', 'COLUMN'

My fist job @ game industry!

Yes, yes and yes! I have no words to describe this! Awesome, hot, wild! So, what I did? Work as Game Tester for  @LowpolyStudios The game Blowing Pixels Planet Defender for #iPhone was sended to Apple Store review in August 17 and is expected to launch in August 29, so stay tunned! Blowing Pixels Planet Defender, or just BPPD, is a Defender kind game, so you have to break the enemies invasion. Actually, this game is so addictive, like play Tetris! Your brain will enjoy, hwar, hwar, hawr... You can see more details @ developer's web sites: http://www.lowpoly-studios.com/ http://www.facebook.com/LowpolyStudios http://twitter.com/#!/lowpolystudios http://www.blowing-pixels.com/planet_defender.php Oh! Yeah, the Credit Screen: I'm in Testers part: ALEX CANCADO. So, fuck'n YEAH! Next related post I will write about how I get in touch with developer and my contribution about the game.